Saturday, December 24, 2011

the first step

well, here goes nothing!

i've decided that starting this blog may be a helpful outlet for beginning to share what i can only call my prayer-poems. most of what i write falls into two categories: praises and laments. i am often inspired to write poems declaring my love for Jesus during worship services. my laments are usually penned in times of sadness or difficulty. they both express the cries of my heart, though sometimes in completely opposite ways. i am not blogging to journal ~ i journal routinely already, and have no desire to alter my method. i love putting pen to paper and filling volumes with my thoughts, fears, life's events, growth and joys, and those will remain within their bindings. some of my poetry, however, i am prepared to release from those boundaries and share with those who would take the time to read. perhaps they will inspire some, invoke thoughtfulness in others, and i hope bring enjoyment on some level to you. thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment