Monday, December 26, 2011

an old piece

i went back through the annals of my writing, and decided to post some of my older pieces here; it is interesting to see the evolution, and i can also often tell what was going on within my spirit during the time a given poem or prayer was written. so, here's a poem from the "early days" that is full of praise. (i suspect there was a lovely sunset in the evening sky the day i wrote this... ;) )

The sky at dusk,
Clouds highlighted by waning sunlight;
This simple display,
Repeated over & over,
And over again
Demonstrating your love,
A love that is never ending.
Your character I see
In this, your creation;
Consistent, Magnificent, Trustworthy
You are.
Glorious, Powerful, Bringer of Peace & Light.
I deserve none of your beauty,
To see not one display of who you are;
Yet you choose to romance me
With things you know I adore.
You alone know how to reach my heart,
To breathe life into me,
Bring me into your Majesty.
Sing me your love song,
Whisper to me.
Never will I leave your side,
Even as day fades to night,
Colors dimming into darkness
Once again.

7/11/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment