Monday, February 6, 2012

Guest Post

I was "chatting" with my brother via facebook last night, and he mentioned my niece Caroline had written a prayer earlier that day. She regularly goes to be alone & write, including having written her "autobiography" and a summary of the Easter story that are incredible for someone who is only 7 years old. This one also bears sharing, as it is both childlike & mature, innocent & deep, and echoes what is within the hearts of many, myself included.


Caroline's prayer (verbatim, with her own spelling errors ;)):

"Lord, out of all You gave me, I love my family best. I try to always put You first on my list of best things. We shouldn't make anything more importent, for Your and Your Son are best. I love You more then any fun thing that I like to do. May You let me be a saint, for that is one of the most holy things that I want to be. Please help me Lord to follow You always. Amen."

2/5/2012, Caroline J. Clark, 7 years old 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment